THE PALMETTO AUBURN CLUB
THE SOUTH CAROLINA AUBURN UNIVERSITY TAG!
- Cost is $70 every two years.
- Up to 94% of the fee collected from the sale of each tag will go back to Auburn to fund scholarships for students from all over the State of South Carolina.
- The normal $24 SC DMV tag fee also applies. Fees are determined by the expiration date on the owner’s current plate.
- Tags cannot be personalized.
- The first 100 tag numbers (0-100) are available for assignment for an additional one-time $100 contribution to the Palmetto Auburn Club Scholarship. Numbers greater than 100 will be assigned by the SC DMV.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A RESERVED TAG NUMBER (0-100)
- Download and fill out the Palmetto Auburn Club Reserved Tag Number Application Form.
- Return the form together with a check for $100 (payable to the Auburn University Foundation) to the Palmetto Auburn Club, P.O. Box 353, Mauldin, SC 29662.
- Once your application has been processed, the Club will mail you an SC DMV form RG-504C. You will be required to fill out the form and file it with the SC DMV together with the $70 SC DMV fee to get your tag. Complete instructions on filling out the form will be provided. Tag number requests will be processed on a monthly basis.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A STATE-ASSIGNED TAG NUMBER
- Download and fill out SC DMV form MV-95.
- File form MV-95 together with the $70 fee with the SC DMV either by mail or in person at your local DMV office.
- When applying by mail, you can expedite your tag application by calling the SC DMV help line (803-896-5000) prior to mailing your form to determine if any portion of the normal $24 DMV fee will be due. If additional fees are due and are not included with your application, your tag will likely be delayed. In that case, the DMV will contact you by mail advising you of the additional fees due.